The medical profession which includes consultants, doctors, nurses and hospital technicians usually provides a caring service with a high standard of excellence for their patients however there are occasions when things go wrong and if you have been injured as a result of a failure by the medical profession or if you are the dependent of someone who has died as a result of wrongful medical treatment a gynaecology negligence solicitor may be able to claim financial compensation on your behalf.
Obstetrics and gynecology medical negligence settlements account for half of all clinical negligence compensation awards including errors in the following fields:
- oral contraceptive induced thrombosis
- perforation of the uterus by intra-uterine contraceptive devices
- failure to prevent pregnancy
- side effects of hormone contraceptive injections
Complications of Abortion: –
- loss of future childbearing ability as a result of infection or because of the need for a hysterectomy
- incomplete procedure
- damage to the uterus or other organs
- Most claims for obstetrics and gynecology medical negligence involve surgery including laparoscopy
- injury to the abdominal wall during laparoscopy
- defective or nonexistent consent
- undetected internal haemorrhage
- injury to bowel, bladder or ureters
- failure to remove swabs
- inadvertent sterilisation by the introduction of infection
- unnecessary surgical operations
- Sterilisation Failure which may lead to abortion or wrongful birth
- Pregnancy Confirmation Delay which may lead wrongful birth
- Cancer Diagnosis Delay Failure to interpret tests or act appropriately in cervical cancer or genital cancer cases
Ectopic Pregnancy diagnosis delay
A gynaecology negligence solicitor will ensure that you get a fair deal and will give you free initial advice on how best to pursue your obstetric or gynecology medical negligence claim and what actions you should take to preserve your legal rights. Most gynaecology negligence solicitors will deal with your claim using a contingency fee arrangement (no win no fee) and if you don’t succeed in receiving a settlement then your solicitor won’t get paid.
There is a limitation periods and it is imperative that you take legal advice as soon as possible. If you would like to know if it is possible to claim compensation as a result of a gynecology or obstetric mistake, just complete a specialist medical negligence solicitor for free advice.
Medical Negligence Solicitor
Medical negligence occurs when a person suffers harm as a result of negligence by a healthcare professional which is usually as a result of failure to use adequate care or lack of skill. Healthcare professionals must act with the level of skill and learning commonly possessed by members of the profession in the same geographic community. A professional will be liable in negligence if he acted without the requisite skill and competence but not merely because the operation or procedure failed to produce the desired outcome. Medical negligence can have catastrophic results for the victim and a gynaecology negligence solicitor can help to redress the balance by recovery of adequate and reasonable compensation.
An experienced gynaecology negligence solicitor will initially obtain a detailed medical history and will obtain the names of all physicians and hospitals that have rendered medical treatment to the client. The client should prepare a chronological written summary of all relevant events and thereafter medical records are obtained by the lawyer. Once all the documentary evidence has been collated and considered by the medical negligence solicitor it will be sent to a medical specialist for review. In many cases proof of negligence will be found in this documentation without the necessity to obtain further evidence and without taking the case to trial.